Web Scribble can accept full XML feeds of jobs to be imported. XML feeds are downloaded and processed hourly. A job that was imported, but later no longer appears in the feed will be expired and become unsearchable on the site.
You can download the sample XML feed here. This is the format of XML feed Web Scribble accepts.
Each feed contains one root element (<jobs>
The minimum required fields are listed below. Job fields do not have to be named exactly as in the sample but it's advisable to keep the naming similar to avoid possible confusion. Although it's not required, it's highly recommended to enclose the field values with <![CDATA[ and ]]>,<![CDATA[ and ]]>,, especially if the values contain HTML or XML source.
The following feed fields are available:
- <id> - Job ID (required). It has to be unique for that feed, you can't have two different jobs with the same ID. Any combination of numbers or letters is allowed
- <title> - required
- <country> - required
- <state> - required
- <city> - required
- <zipcode> - only required if city/state are not supplied
- <jobtype> - The category where your job belongs, for example Health, Education etc.
- <applyurl> - If you want to handle applications using your site, enter the URL linking directly to your ATS job application form for that specific job.
- <positiontype> - For example Full Time, Part Time, Contract
- <education> - Minimum education required for the job
- <experience> - Minimum experience
- <salary> - Approximate salary (number without a currency symbol)
- <salarytype> - For example Per Hour, Weekly, Per Year
- <description> - Job description shown on the job details page. It can be formatted using the following HTML tags: <ul>,<li>,<em>,<b>,<u>,<i>,<font>,<br>,<span>,<strong>,<p>
- <date> - Date of job posting, if left blank or omitted current date will be used. It can be UNIX timestamp or string representation of the date.