How to use job search
There are different several different ways to find jobs on the site job board.
Using the job board homepage
You can quickly find jobs using broad search criteria. Enter a keyword into the first first field (keyword) and a city, state, or zip code into the second field (location) and click Find a Job. The value you enter into the keyword field will search the entire jobs database for those words in both the job title and job description.
Using advanced and filtered search
From the homepage, click the Advanced Search client under the Find a Job button. Alternatively, if you run a search using the method above, you'll end up on a page with job search results with advanced search options on the left hand of the screen.
With advanced search, you can search using any of the following fields. None of the fields are required and you can get as specific or as broad as you'd like:
- Keywords - this will search the entire jobs database for those words in both the job title and job description
- Categories - select one or more categories you are interested in, and jobs posted only into the matching categories will be listed
- Location - find jobs within a specified location. Enter a city, state, zip code, and/or country. The system will automatically find jobs within 25 miles of the location you selected unless you choose a different search radius using the Zip Code Radius field
- Position Type - choose the kind of job you are looking for, whether it is full or part time
- Minimum/Maximum Salary - enter a minimum and/or maximum salary to find jobs in the range you are looking for. Please note, if a job was posted without salary information and you use this search option, the job will not appear.
- Experience Level - select any experience level you are interested in. Companies choose the minimum experience level required for the position when posting.
- Education Level - select any education levels you are interested in. Companies choose the minimum education level required for the position when posting.